Friday, May 31, 2024

The Sci-Fi Con: "Altered States"

 
By Gemma Cleanslate
 

When the Sci-fi con opened I made a dash over to check it out. There are 9 regions filled with different themes. This time it is called Altered States. 
 

When I first landed I took a walk around to see the interesting exhibits. I stopped to look at a an exhibit and was greeted with Welcome by roxybaby777 Resident who invited me to come in and grab some freebies from Star Trek from the Wrath of Khan era and I did.


I moved along and stopped at Solaris where again there was a whole gaggle of avatars greeting. First I thought they were bots since there are lots around but no, they were all real. Caelie Anne Turbo (CaelieTurbo Resident) assured me there were all there and a few others talked with me also. The exhibitors also invited me to join if I was interested. No time! Nice uniforms though. I teleported to different regions just to check out the various themes.


Near by I came across some cuties selling thingies for great poofers. I love those so did buy some. Sαrα нღят-νση ѠσレŦ (S7 Luminos) and jιηgιє нღят-νση ѠσレŦ (Jingie Resident) also had come cute outfits for cuties like them. I forgot to ask them where in the universe they lived or what year it was .


I wandered through some dark woods and came across more characters from outer space and stopped to visit. Star Trek and Star Wars are everywhere.


In one I came across some wonderful Wookies inviting me into their bar. I am not familiar with a lot of the sci-fi characters but did recognize them. There are so many artifacts from around the universe and in the distant future times for sale everywhere Everything will benefit The Michael J Fox Foundation which does wonderful work in research and help for Parkinson’s Disease. This is the 16th year for this wonderful entertaining event that reaches beyond our earth. It will be open until June 4 and there are many events during this time. Here is a list of events.

https://vonwolfalphas.wixsite.com/sci-fi-con-and-commu/eventlist


When you land at the entrance stop into the Team Fox office. Creations Park is the permanent Team Fox site in SL. You can find out about it in the office and learn more about Parkinson’s disease and what to see at Creations Park.

Get there and have some fun seeing what is in the future and contribute to the cause. The entrance it here. RLYEH (186/99/74) However if you are a sci-fi fan and looking for a particular exhibitor here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mb_j_SBJWVFuidPSqN6bwzC6jK7HEf1KNqsxO_xdC5s/edit#gid=0

Gemma Cleanslate
 
Correction: The con goes on to June 4, not July 7 

No comments:

Post a Comment