Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Mole Day

 
By Gemma Cleanslate


Bay City celebrated Mole Day for the 12th year at the Fairgrounds as a thanks to the Moles who build and maintain so much of the sl infrastructure. Bay City was one of their first projects which I did not know before . I should have since I try to attend this event every year.

There was a huge attendance for the opening of the party , even before it started . Many arrived early. At one time there were 76 in the region, at the party which really maxes out at 71 according to Marianne McCann. The staff here had done a great deal of work arranging the event.

Yukiko Yeshto, the ambassador of the continent, arranged for a short plane ride to the Bay City airport for some Bellisserians . I arrived too late to get in on the flight but did fly in on my helicopter. Many Bellisserians dropped in for the party and had a wonderful time.


GoSpeed Rasere (GoSpeed Racer) owner of Kona Radio was the DJ for the party for the first hour. Her selection of Mole songs was a riot!!I never knew so many mole songs existed. Everyone really enjoyed them. During these hours Several Lindens popped in to say hello and applaud the Moles. Moles arrived to hear the thanks and congratulations. Of course there was a clamor for bears as usual. I was lucky to get two that I did not have .


After GoSpeed came a wonderful live singer, ღ Ʋє لợϥϥ ღ (VernaJoy Resident), known as Vejoyy took over as the entertainment and had some wonderful tunes in her repertoire. She hails from the Phillipines and is a performer in real life .All attendees enjoyed both performers .


Here I am with my Mole hat that was a gift at the event. Many wore yellow hardhats, also a gift , in honor of the Mole’s work all over the grid. We have to remember that Moles are Second Life residents just like we are . They contract for the Lab because of their talents in Second Life. They all have other avatars and enjoy SL as much as we all do. It is fun to be at an event and wonder if that avatar is actually the Mole who we were talking to the other day in their other life. I think of them as having a third secret life.

 Gemma Cleanslate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment