Friday, April 7, 2023

FrannyDJ's Memorial Parade

 
 By Gemma Cleanslate


It was a busy Sunday for me attending two gathering but ending with a shock. For the VWBPE and the Burn2 events I turned off all my notifications from groups. I started to restore some during the week but evidently got distracted and forgot to finish. Sunday afternoon while over at the Bellisseria Hammie’s party I had an im from my friend, Melvin Starbrook, ”Come to the parade.” My answer,” what parade? .
I was shocked when she answered “the memorial for Frannydj” and passed a notecard.


“It is with great sadness to inform everyone that FrannyDj Dean transitioned from this world on February 21st. 2023. She contracted covid while in the hospital.”

You recall I always covered Frannydj’s marvelous parades and Woodstock. I did cover the 22 Macy’s parade and the Christmas on tour. We talked at the Christmas parade and I tried to reach her at the end of January to ask about Mardi Gras but had no answer and now I know why.

I missed most of the Celebration of Life but did get over to the parade as soon as I heard from Melvin.
Thanks to her dear friends who held the memorial for her. They are hoping to continue the parades into the future.


In real life she was an artist and musician. In her profile she says,
“I am Every woman… My world is filled with love, passion and friendship. Life is not about skirting around the storms, it is about learning to dance in the rain..If you can not love and forgive me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best..…” and “SOMETIMES....we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out how we feel, stop deciding with our minds what we want our hearts to feel, and just go with "whatever happens, happens". Just enjoy the ride and count your blessings ♥♥ ”
and she did.


She and her parades and parties on the steamship will be sorely missed. I actually changed to the outfit I wore at the first Woodstock I attended back in 2018 to end the evening on the steamship after the parade.


There are many who will hold you in their rl and sl memories. I will remember hopping on those wonderful floats and dancing down 5th avenue by Macy’s and running in to see Santa , or arriving on Bourbon St in New Orleans. I hopped on many of the 100 floats or balloons or stopped by the circus nearby or walked the quiet streets of stately homes and enjoyed it all every year.
 

Here's the video of FrannyDJ's service (click here if it does not play)
 

I would also find this video of when FrannyDJ was interviewed on Feb 11 2016, seven years ago.

Rest in that knowledge Franny. We won’t forget. You can see her Memorial here for the next two weeks. 
 
 
Gemma Cleanslate


No comments:

Post a Comment