By Netera Landar
I don’t know about you, but I used to love watching cartoons. That meant fighting for control of the dial on the old TV that my brothers and I watched after school and on Saturday mornings. That was way before cable. We were actually one of the first families in the neighborhood that had a color TV.
I loved Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, and The Flintstones. So, when I learned that The Willows was hosting a Cartoon Night on Friday, July 31, I had to put on my pop-culture cartoon dress and TP over there.
It was no surprise when I reached the landing point and found a giant Fred Flintstone with the biggest smile on his face. He was standing next to his human-powered stone-and-wood car. Inside the venue, everyone was having a great time dancing to DJ Sylvie Zaftig’s tunes.
On the dance floor were Shaggy Rogers and Velma Dinkley from the lovable mystery-solving gang; Maui from the cartoon movie “Moana”; Mario from the “Super Mario” movies; Flintstone characters: Pebbles, Fred, and Wilma; the Pink Panther, Strawberry Shortcake; and other interesting characters.
I don’t know about you, but I used to love watching cartoons. That meant fighting for control of the dial on the old TV that my brothers and I watched after school and on Saturday mornings. That was way before cable. We were actually one of the first families in the neighborhood that had a color TV.
I loved Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, and The Flintstones. So, when I learned that The Willows was hosting a Cartoon Night on Friday, July 31, I had to put on my pop-culture cartoon dress and TP over there.
It was no surprise when I reached the landing point and found a giant Fred Flintstone with the biggest smile on his face. He was standing next to his human-powered stone-and-wood car. Inside the venue, everyone was having a great time dancing to DJ Sylvie Zaftig’s tunes.
On the dance floor were Shaggy Rogers and Velma Dinkley from the lovable mystery-solving gang; Maui from the cartoon movie “Moana”; Mario from the “Super Mario” movies; Flintstone characters: Pebbles, Fred, and Wilma; the Pink Panther, Strawberry Shortcake; and other interesting characters.
Maui from "Moana" and Suri Rochelle Cassady.
Willows DJ Sylvie Zaftig.
Mario: Dylan, and Alesandra.
Pebbles and Fred - Faleen and Steverino.
Pink Panther – Pk Bluemoon, Strawberry Shortcake – Kylie, and Wilma – Star.
From Scooby-Doo - Velma and Shaggy - Bobbi Sable and Brent Sable.
From The Flintstones - Riley and Spence.
Yep, that's me with Fred Flintstone.
Aodhan and Brian.
It was a blast. Until next time, "stay tooned."
Netera Landar












No comments:
Post a Comment