Monday, January 10, 2022

Bellisseria Rings In The New Year, Two Mainland Embassies

 *
By Gemma Cleanslate


I spent the last night of the old year end party at the Fairgrounds on Bellisseria. This is the beginning of a tradition I think. 


Bela Tolsen hosted and dj’ed at “ Réveillon is the Brazilian NYE party traditionally celebrate by the sea shore, wearing white (meaning peace) and making wishes to Yemanjá (a powerful sea goddess from the Brazilian African-based religion known as Umbanda or Candomblé),” she told us.


The venue was a sea of white while everyone danced to the beat of the music. There was champagne and fireworks and it was a marvelous end to the year we would like to forget.


I missed the opening of the third Embassy which took place on December 22 on the continent of Nautilus where Abnor Mole handed the key over to Freddie Harrington, the new ambassador there. I have to talk to Freddie when I get the chance to hear what he has in mind for sharing Nautilus. As usual following the ceremony a formal party took place. I was dressed in festive red and left my avatar there earlier so I could be on time but real life took over and I did not make it back. 


I took a tour when I did get there and a picture of Freddie in his office. Stop over to see it on a hill above Route 12. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Flagg/202/189/41



I did make it to the Grand Opening of the Embassy on Gaeta which took place January 5th. It was an elegant affair with Abnor Mole handing over the key to Fiona Jogiches, Ambassador. I stepped into the Embassy after to see the décor. Most of the Embassies are similar in style with local maps and information for visitors on the walls. The offices of the ambassadors have touches of the individual ambassadors.


On my way to the party in a building at the rear the Embassy I had my first look at the classy black embassy car parked there.


The party was fun as usual as the attendees celebrated the day. I asked Fiona why she became ambassador and her answer was, “I became an Ambassador after being inspired by others. I've spent a lot of time living on mainland long before Bellisseria was even a twinkle in Patch's eyes, and whilst I love Bellisseria, mainland offers something special too. “ 


She has plans to have tours of the continent and is becoming more familiar with the many special places and activities now.

This embassy is located on Route 7. There are three more Embassies to have Ambassadors on the Mainland and all should be having openings by the end of February if all goes well. To make a visit to the Gaeta Embassy take http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//20/85/36 .

Gemma Cleanslate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment