Monday, September 16, 2019

Happy Birthday Firestorm - Interview With Tonya Souther


By Cyfir (Cyfiremmerich)

I got the chance to check out the Firestorm Ninth Anniversary Party today and briefly interview Tonya Souther who is the Mac developer for the Firestorm viewer. The turnout was amazing with well over 150 people there supporting the Firestorm team’s work. “I think the event's fantastic. I hadn't heard Savannah before, and she's a great singer. I'm pleased to see as many folks out here on a September as there are.” Tonya remarked, “I'm constantly amazed at the support that Firestorm gets from the user community.”

I personally have been using Firestorm for years and I absolutely love how customizable the viewer is. I have my Firestorm viewer extremely customized with chat notifications, a purple theme, and graphics settings. It’s a power user’s dream and I wouldn’t be able to go back to another viewer at this point. “Me either!” Tonya said “We make Firestorm to be the kind of viewer we want to use ourselves. We're pretty demanding of what we expect. If we want to use it, then others will too.”

I also got to ask Tonya how Firestorm will handle “Bakes on Mesh” and she had this to say. “We're in the process of gearing a release ready right now. In fact, after I get done here, I'm going to go back to fixing MacOS bugs.”

So there seems to be plenty to look forward to from the Firestorm team in the near future and beyond thanks to their tireless support of the viewer and it’s fans. Here’s to another nine years!
--
-Cyfir

No comments:

Post a Comment