Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Dickens Project And Party At The Bellisseria Fairgrounds

 
By Gemma Cleanslate


The first minute you enter the Square at the Dickens Project, you know you are in a different time and space.  Pick up the map and wonderful TP hud in poster near the Gazebo. 

This will take you to places you will want to visit with much ease.


The Gazebo has a few offices and stores around it . Visit them. On the walls of two stores are wonderful free outfits to help you get into the era that is being celebrated here , one for men, one for women. You will feel much more comfortable clothed for the era and they are very smart.


To tour the nearby area before you use the hud take a leisurely coach ride and view the environs near by. It will take you by important places from Dickens books.

Every year it is a pleasure to see what is old and new in the project. This year there is a whole new region exposing the coal mining of the day. Find Sultan the horse  and take a tour of the mines themselves and then walk nearby to see the housing and other building associated with life then. 

If you want to attend an event during the week here is a schedule to check  https://irelandslstory.blogspot.com/p/dickens-events-calendar.html


If you have time explore the buildings surrounding the Christmas Past Square. I found two galleries , one with people who have played Scrooge across the ages, and one with posters from familiar remakes of the story in cartoon and film. On the way back if you walk stop into some of the homes along the way to experience some of the decor of the past.There is plenty of food almost everywhere you go!


I made it to an area I had missed in past years I guess,  a fascinating display and education of horses of the Victorian age . Find a tp at the stable near the homes. If you use the hud it is on there. There are so many locales for you to visit. I will leave some for you to find. This is a wonderful project and I hope it continues for many years. There is much to learn here  thanks to the Seanchai Library and the whole staff under the direction of Caledonia Skytower.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Dickens%20Project/125/118/22


Saturday I went to a holiday ball at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds. 

It was elegant and so well attended by many in formal dress dancing to the music of  FAR (fwdfwd Farslider) DJ while I was there .


The whole event was arranged by Giselle Lacombe.  I told her how lovely everything was and she explained the she had done it all with  help from Christhiana  of Needful Prims. She was really shocked by the response at the ball and I heard her exclaim later, ”When I had this crazy idea to do  this, I never thought it would turn out like this! You all are incredible.” It was lovely !


I think this will be my last article before Christmas so I want  to say Happy Holidays to all the readers of the SL Newser . If you are stuck where you are, rely on memories of past Christmas days that were so enjoyable and look forward to a better time coming. Our lives here in second life are safe!  I am telling Santa to grant you all your wishes!

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment