Monday, December 8, 2014

Volunteering For The Expo





By Gemma Cleanslate

 For the past two weeks I have been a volunteer “elf” in the Christmas expo sims. I have been skating around all the   sims trying to help with any preparations I could before the opening. The builders have done such a marvelous job to make the regions just glow with the winter settings and the lovely marketplace shops. It truly looks like a German marketplace ready, filled with goodies to buy from furniture to fashion and fun things for the stockings. Merchants have out done themselves filling their stores and stalls with all kinds of enticements. I am not only shopping already but also picking up the gifts in the naughty and nice boxes placed in many of the shops (sorry to say I guess I have been  naughty ... but will try again later , since we get a second chance).

Along the snow covered roadways there is a trolley running all the time so you can hop on and off at many stops in all the sims. Get yourselves into the centers of the sims too. Christmas trees are for sale in some of them so take a look before you leave one sim to go to the other. The entertainment area is all set up ready for the many shows and dancing and Santa has a place there too. I have already attended a couple of skating parties with great music! Over on other side of all the sims are the breedable regions where you can take your pick of all types of critters. There will be auctions for some of the critters and a myriad of other items . RelayVendors with donated items from the merchants are hung on the walls in all the shops and when you buy these items you are actually donating all the money to the Relay so look for them.  

I applaud all those who have worked so hard to make this a success, the planning committee, the builders, the sim coordinators, who have worked (sleeplessly I think), and the many other volunteers, the Merchants who participate with great generosity and especially the Sponsors of the event. Those who love hunts don’t miss the bells, there are signs around to remind you.  

It is fun being an elf. I get to see all the progress as it unfolds. Look for me ... I might be near Santa at times in the entertainment sim unless I am skating from sim to sim to help, or shop! Check the website for all the information you will ever need! http://slchristmasexpo.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/2014-sl-christmas-expo-winter-breedables-fair-guidebook/

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment